Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore from dead client

2014-08-11 20:35:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore from dead client
From: Phil Stracchino <phils AT caerllewys DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:29:52 -0400
On 08/11/14 20:22, Kenny Noe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am in desperate need of help.   I have a server that had died.  It was
> a faithful bacula client and I have backups I wish to recover.  However
> when I run the restore command bacula waits on the "Client".   What am i
> failing to understand?  can I not restore files to a /tmp location from
> a Bacula backup w/o the actual client??  The client is dead...
>
> Help!!

Restore to a temporary location on a different client.  The client to
restore TO is one of the options in the restore job.  When you've
finished selecting files, instead of saying Yes to the OK To Run prompt,
select Modify instead, and select a different client and a safe location
on that client.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications