Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to forcefully recycle tape

2014-08-04 10:46:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to forcefully recycle tape
From: "Roberts, Ben" <Ben.Roberts AT gsacapital DOT com>
To: "More, Ankush" <ankush.more AT capgemini DOT com>, "'bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 15:42:47 +0100
Hi Ankush,

> I would like to forcefully recycle tape, I follow below command from
> bconsole but not working.

> +---------+------+-----------+-----------+---------------------+
> | MediaId | VolumeName | VolStatus | Enabled | VolBytes        | VolFiles |
> +---------+------+-----------+-----------+---------------------+
> |       2 | Tape1      | Full      |       1 | 477,598,464,000 |      501 |
>  2,592,000 |       1
> Enter *MediaId or Volume name: 2
> sql_get.c:1098 Media record for Volume "2" not found.

As the prompt says if you wish to refer to a volume by its MediaId,
you must use the syntax "*2", otherwise it looks for a volume with
VolumeName="2", which you probably don't have.

Regards,
Ben Roberts

This email and any files transmitted with it contain confidential and
proprietary information and is solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient please return the email to the sender and
delete it from your computer and you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy,
print or rely on this email or its contents.  This communication is for
informational purposes only.  It is not intended as an offer or solicitation
for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official
confirmation of any transaction.   Any comments or statements made herein do
not necessarily reflect those of GSA Capital. GSA Capital Partners LLP is
authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is registered
in England and Wales at Stratton House, 5 Stratton Street, London W1J 8LA,
number OC309261. GSA Capital Services Limited is registered in England and
Wales at the same address, number 5320529.