Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] New user with Bacula

2014-07-28 12:41:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] New user with Bacula
From: Leandro.Cunha AT reedglobal DOT com
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:39:59 +0100

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for some assistance, but if I'm in the wrong place, first of all, please forgive me, and second please show me the right way to go.

I current have a Netapp FAS2020 filer running and I'm backing it up via NTBackup. It's not working as it should so I'm looking for alternatives to backup this plataform. What I was thinking was to stop using the NTBackup and replace for another software, and here I am.
I work as a backup admin for some years, but this is the first time I'm working with this by my own, so all assistance are more than welcome.
All the envirolment is basically virtual (vmware) and I know we've got support for OEL7_x86_64, so my first question will be: Will Bacula run on OEL7?
Btw I have a tape HP LTO Ultrium-4 drive available, so that's the backup must go.
Thank you a lot,

Leandro Cunha

Disclaimer:

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Reed does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Reed family of companies unless otherwise specifically stated.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and then delete the message and any attachments from your computer.

This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the Websense Mailcontrol System. While the sender has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of  software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments to this e-mail.