Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] v7.0.4 migrate: StartTime older than SchedTime

2014-07-23 10:33:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] v7.0.4 migrate: StartTime older than SchedTime
From: Thomas Lohman <thomasl AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:30:24 -0400
> "StartTime" does not get updated when migrating a job. Is this a bug or
> is it the way it is supposed to be?

I believe that this is the way it is supposed to work.  When
copying/migrating a job or when creating a virtual Full job from
previous jobs, the start time of the new job gets set to the start time
of the copied/migrated job or in the case of a Virtual Full to the start
time of the last backup used to create the Virtual Full.  This, I
believe, is because that start time is used when looking to see what
needs to be backed up if you're doing another backup that will be based
off of that job.  This can cause issues if you're assuming start time is
the real start time of a job as you've discovered.  I went ahead and
added a realstarttime attribute to a job as part of some of my
patches/extensions but those were for 5.2.13 and not the latest release
7.0.x.

--tom