Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] issue with setuid/gid on restored files

2014-07-22 18:18:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] issue with setuid/gid on restored files
From: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:10:26 -0700
I'm running 7.0.4.

Here's an example...

(before backup)
# ls -ld /bin
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul 22 09:56 /bin
# ls -l /bin/ping
-rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 40760 Sep 17  2013 /bin/ping

(after restore selecting file /bin/ping)
# ls -ld  /bin
drwsr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul 22 14:38 bin
# ls -l /bin/ping
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 40760 Sep 17  2013 ping

(after restore selecting file /bin/ping and directory /bin)
# ls -ld  /bin
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul 22 14:38 bin
# ls -l /bin/ping
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 40760 Sep 17  2013 ping

In the first restore case, looks like the dir has user-write permissions
as well, which isn't right, but perhaps that comes from the umask of the
restore since the directory wasn't part of the restore selection.
However, the setuid bit certainly wouldn't be coming from the umask.
I'm jumping to the conclusion that whatever's doing the setuid bit is
messing up and doing it to the parent directory instead of to the file.

Stephen

--
Stephen Thompson               Berkeley Seismological Laboratory
stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu    215 McCone Hall # 4760