Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem accessing MySQL database: no tables ?

2014-07-19 09:56:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem accessing MySQL database: no tables ?
From: Huub Van Niekerk <huubvanniekerk AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 06:51:19 -0700
On Saturday, July 19, 2014 2:42 PM, Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com> wrote:

>Hello,

>Despite you not finding anything in the manual, there *is* a whole chapter entitled "Installing Bacula" that >specifically talks about the subject as well as specific chapters on MySQL and PostgreSQL.

>Given your insistence on getting an answer on the weekend, I suggest investing in a Gold support contract >(just kidding, of course) :-)

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to answer me, even in the weekend :)

Let me rephrase: yes, I indeed found information about installation and database in the manual. However, in the manual is stated that after installation several executables should be there, such as make_bacula_tables. This, and the other database related commands, are missing and as far as I can find there is no information about this situation. So should I conclude then I did something wrong with respect to the database during installation? Or is something else wrong ?