Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] "Block checksum mismatch" on file storage

2014-07-04 11:09:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] "Block checksum mismatch" on file storage
From: advantex AT posteo DOT de
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 17:03:58 +0200
On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 09:30:12 +0200
Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com> wrote:

> It is unlikely that this is a Bacula problem, especially considering
> your remark that you have
> used it for years and never had any problems.

Hi List,

first of all I have to say thanks for all the helpful replies.
I checked every disk twice, USB and SATA, but I could find anything.
Reinstalled.. IO tests... nothing.
In the End I ran a memory test over night and guess what the &§/$("$"§
machine has corrupted memory. (handful bits out of 6GB)
Don't know when I had problems with memormy the last time, but I
guess this must be more than 10 years ago. (or maybe I simply didn't
notice :-) )

So I assume it will work again this weekend. And I have to do automated
restore tests I guess.

Thanks a lot again
G.