Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Optimize backup/database

2014-05-30 10:02:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] Optimize backup/database
From: bdelagree <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 06:59:55 -0700
This post follows one of my old posts (see :

My backups are still long .
After listening to the network and servers I think my problem comes from the
database.
After much research some say migrate from MySQL to PostgreSQL .

Before doing so I need your opinion , is there a real added value?

Actualy my database is currently 77Gb and 101,936,752 entries on File table.
I backup 8 servers for 3.5 Tb datas

My Backup Server :
 - Dell PowerEdge 420
 - 8 * CPU cores
 - 16 Gb RAM
 - 2 * 150GB 15K SAS drives in RAID 1

Filesystem                                              Size  Used Avail Use%
Mounted on
rootfs                                                   20G  866M   20G   5% /
udev                                                     10M     0   10M   0%
/dev
tmpfs                                                   1.6G  1.8M  1.6G   1%
/run
/dev/disk/by-uuid/465b04fb-de46-409b-928a-ec01ba98373e   20G  866M   20G   5% /
tmpfs                                                   5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1%
/run/lock
tmpfs                                                   1.6G  8.0K  1.6G   1%
/run/shm
/dev/sda4                                               109G   78G   31G  72%
/var
tmpfs                                                   7.9G   16K  7.9G   1%
/tmp

Thx