Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot get concurrent jobs to run, all other jobs are waiting on max Storage jobs

2014-05-15 01:40:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot get concurrent jobs to run, all other jobs are waiting on max Storage jobs
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Robert-Jean Denault <Robert-jean.Denault AT telus DOT com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 07:35:31 +0200
Hello,

I am running bacula Version: 5.0.0 (26 January 2010) x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu redhat on CentOS with a single LTO3 Dell PowerVault 124T tape unit.

I have configured environment to perform spooling / despooling of backup jobs. I wanted to have the bacula server so that file daemons would run concurrently to spool the files to disk, and to despoil the backup to tape once they are complete.  When the backup starts multiple jobs are in running state, but only one is running all the other jobs are waiting on max Storage jobs.

Yes because you need to specify a maximum concurrent jobs parameter in your Storage resource defined in Bacula-Storage.conf. You can check it with bconsole command:
* show storage
and check for MaxJobs level.

best regards
--