Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Auto-select for different media types?

2014-05-12 15:55:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] Auto-select for different media types?
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 21:49:48 +0200
Hello,

is there a way to configure bacula that it will select the best
currently available media type for a job?

I have a tape library with both LTO-3 and LTO-4 drives.  Assume I add
both LTO-3 and LTO-4 tapes to the same pool.

I would like to configure bacula such that it will make optimal use
of the available tape drives, i. e. it should run jobs referring to
this specific pool both on the LTO-3 drive(s) [using LTO-3 media] and
on the LTO-4 drive(s) [using LTO-4 media].

Can this be done?

Would it be even possible to use the LTO-4 drive with LTO-3 media in
the case there are no more LTO-4 media available for the needed pool?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
The flow chart is a most thoroughly oversold piece of  program  docu-
mentation.              -- Frederick Brooks, "The Mythical Man Month"