Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull Jobs

2014-05-06 07:02:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull Jobs
From: Xabier Elkano <xelkano AT hostinet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 12:40:53 +0200
Hi,

happy to read that this restriction has been removed :-)

I am running virtual fulls for almost three years and I'm very happy
with them. I had to use them because my servers had a very high load
when running full backups jobs. I did a little trick to manage the
migration from virtual pool to normal pool. After each backup job
(without distinction) I have configured a little script (RunAfterJob) to
verify if there are volumes in the virtual pool and if it find some, it
move them to the normal pool. The changes are made directly in the
Bacula database, because volumes are, in both pools, in the same directory.

I simply run this for each volume found in the virtual pool:

update Media set MediaType=$mediatype,StorageId=$storageid where
VolumeName=$vol

the following incremental and restores are run without problems.

Xabier