Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How much is that index in the window? PostgreSQL

2014-05-02 11:34:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] How much is that index in the window? PostgreSQL
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 11:30:15 -0400
This post is about indexes which have low usage. I am not proposing
change.

After reading this post:

http://www.databasesoup.com/2014/05/new-finding-unused-indexes-query.html

I decided to try it on my Bacula server, and I've put the results here:

   https://gist.github.com/dlangille/cbd6ee13bab80399aaf7

In short, these indexes are never used:

tablename     | indexname
jobhisto      | jobhisto_idx
fileset       | fileset_name_idx
pathhierarchy | pathhierarchy_ppathid

These indexes are rarely read, but I suspect they are very useful for
restores:

file          | file_jpfid_idx
file          | file_pathid_idx
file          | file_filenameid_idx