Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] 3d party Fedora/RHEL/CentOS repository

2014-03-31 16:32:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] 3d party Fedora/RHEL/CentOS repository
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 22:30:03 +0200

On 27 March 2014 12:00, Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
With the release of version 7.0.0 of the community version I plan to maintain a separate repository that contains this version. The packages will start their life in Fedora rawhide and be available in this repository for all currently supported RHEL/CentOS/Fedora releases.

This is to help people maintaining a consistent installation and not to force an upgrade to version 7.0.0 on critical systems.
With the addition of one of the two repositories, users will have the choice of installing version 5.2.13 (as it is now) OR 7.0.0 for all supported distributions, including RHEL 7.

Question for the RHEL/CentOS/Fedora users out there that are using packages from my repository: do you prefer a separate repository with version 7.x for all platforms or an upgrade into the current repository?

Before release, I was thinking about the separate repository because I was expecting a database upgrade or some sort of big change that could have required manual intervention during the update. With the current release, this can also be a drop in replacement for 5.2.13 and only a restart is required; so it could be a normal update.

What's your preference?
Private answers are fine as well if you don't want to subscribe to the mailing list.

Thanks,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/