Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Mantis Bugs database

2013-11-24 04:30:32
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Mantis Bugs database
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, bacula-devel <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 10:27:06 +0100
Hello,

This is to let you know that I have now separated the "bug" reports
into three separate "projects" within the Bacula bugs database.  They are:

Bacula Bug Reports
   where you put normal bug reports (no support requests please)

Documentation Issues
   where you put reports of documentation problems or requested
   improvements

Feature Requests
   where you put feature requests, or patches that implement a new
   feature.

By the way, if I am not mistaken the normal view of bugs will only
show Bacula Bug Reports.  There is a drop down box on the upper
right of the bugs screen where you can display the project you want
or display everything all together.

If you are unsure where to put your "bug" report, simply put it into
Bacula Bug Reports, and we will move it to the right "project".
Dividing the
bugs database in this way will help us focus on what we want at the moment.
For example, when I am updating the documentation, it is nice not to have
to look through all the bug reports, rather I can go directly to the
Documentation
issues.  Like wise when we are implementing new features as we will
shortly be
doing.  The easier they are to find the more likely they will not be
overlooked.

Some of you have submitted feature request by email, or patches by email.
I *strongly* encourage you to submit them to the bug database.  I get about
150-200 emails per day, and sometimes they get improperly classified or more
often, if I am busy or away they get buried.  They are never really
lost, but they
may be overlooked (not intentionally) for a long time.  By submitting
them to the
bugs database, we can be sure they are not "lost" or "overlooked".  Of
course,
we are volunteers so we cannot guarantee when they will be properly treated.

Thanks for using Bacula, for submitting bug reports and patches, and I hope
this new procedure will help everyone.

Best regards,
Kern