Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] File n Job Retention Periods

2013-10-17 08:32:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] File n Job Retention Periods
From: "Holikar, Sachin (ext)" <sachin.holikar.ext AT siemens DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:29:44 +0000

Hello Community,

I have 2 queries.

  1. Currently I am in the process of updating the retention periods for my backup jobs. Yes I would like to specify different retention periods for different jobs.
Like for a client say host1  , we have different jobs depending on the filesets.  Lets say I have following jobs for host1.

Job1  ( fileset =  /data1 and /data2)
Job2  ( fileset = /root /usr /var)

So as you can see I would like to retain the job2 (which is a system level backup job) , for a longer period says 3 years. But the job1 which is a data backup share on the same client which I want to set the
Job retention period to somewhat lesser period say 6 months.

Host :
Job1 = 3 Years
Job2 = 6 Months

On top of it , setting the volume retention period for the above 2 jobs was not difficult as I use different pools for the 2 jobs. So only question is setting up Job and File retention periods.
Moreover whether I can update the job/file retention periods for the backups already taken?

  1. Another small query is , how can one cross check the Job and File retention periods associated with a particular client.

Could someone assist me in this case?
Thanx in advance.

Regards,
Admin