Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] move bacula 2.4.3 psql database to bacula 5.0.0

2013-10-11 12:30:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] move bacula 2.4.3 psql database to bacula 5.0.0
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 12:27:55 -0400

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 8:33 AM, kkuznetsov <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
Hi! Here is a situation - I have a server with openSUSE 11.0 (i586) with configured bacula 2.4.3 and with psql (PostgreSQL 8.3.11 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (SUSE Linux) 4.3.1 20080507 (prerelease) [gcc-4_3-branch revision 135036]), which perfectly worked for several years with lto-3 device. But lto-3 tapes gonna end soon. So we had to buy new lto-5 device. I got up a new server with  CentOS release 6.4 and bacula 5.0.0 with psql (PostgreSQL 8.4.13 on x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.4.6 20120305 (Red Hat 4.4.6-4), 64-bit). A new version works fine. But its gonna be perfect if i manage to migrate old psql database to new and make it work to use only one server with lto-5 device. First of all i made dump of old database and new database. Then i made a restore of old database to new server. It worked, but with mistakes - configuration of client, storage, mediatype, version on new server was as on old server. I made a little investigation and found three tables which responsible for this. So a made a mix of 2 databases on new server - old database with renewed tables client, storage, mediatype, version. So, then config was looking normal. I attempted to make a restore from job and got a error:

Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
Unable to get Job record. ERR=sql_get.c:311 query SELECT VolSessionId,VolSessionTime,PoolId,StartTime,EndTime,JobFiles,JobBytes,JobTDate,Job,JobStatus,Type,Level,ClientId,Name,PriorJobId,RealEndTime,JobId,FileSetId,SchedTime,RealEndTime,ReadBytes,HasBase FROM Job WHERE JobId=277 failed:

ERROR:  column "readbytes" does not exist
LINE 1: ...RealEndTime,JobId,FileSetId,SchedTime,RealEndTime,ReadBytes,...

So i viewed columns in table JOB on new database and old database - new database has this "readbytes" column  and old one doesn't. I suppose that it is not a first difference. So it seems to be that new bacula 5.0.0 version reqiure some new columns in database, which old bacula version 2.4.3 didn't.

Is there any way to friend old database with new bacula or it's impossible and i have to use two different baculas?

You need to execute the database upgrade scripts. They should be included in your packaging. Although since I do not use your distro I can't tell you where to look.

John