Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] choosing database.

2013-10-04 09:47:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] choosing database.
From: Jérôme Blion <jerome.blion AT free DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 15:44:39 +0200
Le 2013-10-04 14:25, Dan Langille a écrit :
> On 2013-09-19 11:06, Mauro wrote:
>> Hello.
>> I'm using bacula in a linux debian system.
>>
>> I've to backup about 30 hosts.
>> I've choose postresql as database.
>> What do you think about?
>> Better mysql or postgres?
>
> I recommend PostgreSQL.
>
> As the author of the PostgreSQL database layer, this recommendation is
> clearly biased.

The main consideration is the number of files backed up. Their size
does not matter.
On a MySQL Bacula server, I noticed a performance slowdown if the
catalog is not cleaned regularly.
I perform a dbcheck weekly to be sure my catalog is clean (it's a good
solution to manage its size)

Hope this helps.
Jerome Blion