Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] volume Labeling with Autochanger

2013-09-20 17:38:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] volume Labeling with Autochanger
From: Steve Ellis <ellis AT brouhaha DOT com>
To: Deepak <deepak AT palincorporates DOT com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 14:35:22 -0700
I'm not an expert, but my guess would be that no, this won't affect which drive will be used for backup--except to the extent that the tape in question is left in that drive until the backup runs--my understanding is that a mounted (& suitable) tape, in whichever drive, is preferred when running a backup.

I assume that your library has more than one drive (or it wouldn't prompt)--in general, you can receive more helpful responses if you let us see at least part of your config (in this case especially the sd config).  You can always anonymize the passwords & such.

-se