Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Reschedule on Error / Migration job question

2013-09-09 07:57:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] Reschedule on Error / Migration job question
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 13:51:43 +0200
Hi folks,

I have a backup client that can only be backed up between 2300 and 3
am or thereabouts.

Due to some other jobs with a different priority, it's sometimes
possible the job will not run at the scheduled time because we don't
currently allow mixed priority jobs to run in parallel.

My idea was to check the time in a runbefore script (which I'm using
anyway to shutdown some weird application server) and have the script
exit with an error if the current time isn't right and then use the

Reschedule on Error

directive to schedule another full backup at 23:00 on the next day
when it's pretty much guruanteed the mixed prio blocking job will be
finished.

My question: Will the Reschedule on error directive allow something
along the lines of

Reschedule Interval = tomorrow at 23:00

If this isn't possible (and I'm afraid it won't be), how would I best
handle the situation of saving a full backup of a client to tape
(migration job?) before starting the new backup to disk? Could I use a
migration job as some sort of "runbeforejob" to make sure the last
full backup on disk is saved / migrated to the tape pool first?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Uwe
--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA