Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Building directory tree for JobId(s) very slow

2013-08-14 16:44:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Building directory tree for JobId(s) very slow
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 22:41:32 +0200
Zitat von Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>:

> On 08/14/2013 01:13 PM, azurIt wrote:
>>> Where's my mistake? Could you suggest me some optimization.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> only one little suggestion from me - upgrade to MySQL 5.5.
>
> I didn't have much luck with postgres on a single-cpu (I think 6-core or
> maybe 4) and 8 or 12GB RAM (it's off at the moment & can't find the
> printed specs).
>
> Our current server for "big" backups is dual quad-core xeon with 48GB
> RAM and hardware raid, running postgres 8.4 -- *that* doesn't take hours
> to run the queries.

Our test machine with a single SATA need around 5 minutes for building
the tree for a 4.2 million file backup.
The main machine with SSD is somewhat faster. Both run Bacula with
PostgreSQL 9.1 and only tuned five parameters in postgresql.conf.

Not sure how you get hours for the file tree in bconsole. If you are
using Bat and bvfs that would be another story.

Regards

Andreas