Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] job canceled - block.c:318 Volume data error at 0:0!

2013-07-23 12:41:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] job canceled - block.c:318 Volume data error at 0:0!
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Markus Rosjat <rosjat AT ghweb DOT de>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 12:37:54 -0400
>> 23-Jul 01:03 fg-back-sd JobId 7894: 3305 Autochanger "load slot 7, drive
>> 0", status is OK.
>> 23-Jul 01:04 fg-back-sd JobId 7894: Error:
>> /home/kern/bacula/k/bacula/src/stored/block.c:318 Volume data error at
>> 0:0!
>> Block checksum mismatch in block=0 len=200: calc=4b2b65bc blk=2c508db9
>

> This a main problem. Your volume is corrupted.
> In my opinion you should erase (with deleting it from catalog) a tape and
> label it again. If problem will still exist dispose a tape and get a new
> one.

Also make sure you are using a non rewinding device for your tape
drives if possible. Although even with that I have had a few error
tapes on unexpected power cycles. One example was the UPS battery died
on the SD machine (the director and db are on different servers) which
sits in a network closet that I rarely go into.

John