Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Server 2012 running as client won't do full backup

2013-07-19 15:36:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Server 2012 running as client won't do full backup
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Christina Murphy <christina AT 504ensics DOT com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 21:31:29 +0200
Try setting HeartbeatInterval to 300 (or maybe 600) lots of switches hang up long before
6000 seconds.

On 07/18/2013 08:05 PM, Christina Murphy wrote:
Hey y'all,

So I'm pretty much at a loss as far as what could be going wrong with my configurations for my last client I need to set up.

The client's OS is Windows Server 2012, 64 bit.  I thought I had everything configured correctly because when I run a job, it starts, begins to back up, but it always fails after a dozen or so gigs have been backed up.

I've set the heartbeat interval to 6000 just to ensure it wouldn't time out and although it seemed to help a little bit (when I tried to run another job it backed up 30gb instead of the usual 2 or 3), it still failed.

I can't understand why it would back up some data and not all if it's not the heartbeat interval issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

--
Christina Murphy
Student Intern