Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] command to check if bacula is running?

2013-06-28 03:42:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] command to check if bacula is running?
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 09:39:02 +0200
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 08:45:48AM -0700, Joseph Spenner wrote:
> Is there a simple command line way to determine if bacula is not currently
> running any jobs?
> I want to write a script to perform some other backups of the bacula
> database, but want to make sure it's not currently running.
>
> I was thinking something like:
>

> # echo "status director" |bconsole
>   (and maybe 'grep' for something which would/wouldn't be there when the
> bacups are running.
>
> Any ideas would be great.
>
> Thanks!

This could also be done by running your backupcatalog job at a higher
(lower ;-) priority so it would be queued, but only started once all
your regular prio jobs have finished.

So you could assign your normal backups prio 10 and the catalog backup
prio 100 or thereabouts and set "allow mix priority jobs" to "False"
(from memory).

Also, make sure to use a decent backup tool if you're using mysql once
your catalog grows beyond a certain size, like percona xtrabackup or
similar.

Cheers, Uwe

> If life gives you lemons, keep them-- because hey.. free lemons.
> "~heart~ Sticker"  fixer:  http://microflush.org/stuff/stickers/heartFix.html

uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net fon: [+49] 5242.91 - 4740, fax:-69 72
Hauptsitz: Avenwedder Str. 55, D-33311 Gütersloh, Germany
Registergericht Gütersloh HRB 4196, Geschäftsführer: H. Gosewehr, D. Suda
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA