Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] label only some barcodes

2013-06-11 15:25:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] label only some barcodes
From: Marcin Haba <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 21:22:32 +0200

Dnia 2013-06-11, wto o godzinie 14:15 -0500, Dimitri Maziuk pisze:
> On 06/11/2013 02:08 PM, Marcin Haba wrote:
> > Dnia 2013-06-11, wto o godzinie 13:51 -0500, Dimitri Maziuk pisze:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've added a new disk to vchanger and now need to 'label barcodes' in
> >> slot 10. I do have already labeled disks in slots 1..9, some already
> >> have volumes on them.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > You may use 'slot' parameter with value set to 10 slot. For example:
> >
> > label barcodes slot=10
>
> Thanks.
>
> I did mess up the terminology: vchanger's disks are "magazines" not
> slots. I don't suppose there's an [equally undocumented] "label barcodes
> magazine=10"?

Magazine in vchanger terminology is just slots container. Bacula does
not know anything about magazines. Bacula knows slots numbers. So, if in
your magazine number 10 there are slots eg. from 30 to 45 then you may
use command similar to below:

label barcodes slot=30-45

This command uses slots range and slots list as well, eg:

label barcodes slot=1,2,4-10,20

Regards.
Marcin Haba (gani)