Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole - connection refused

2013-06-10 14:09:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole - connection refused
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 20:06:56 +0200
Hello,

2013/6/10 Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com>
Dear All,
     I'm having an issue with bconsole not being able to connect to the Director

bconsole[18490]: [ID 702911 daemon.error] bsock.c:138 Unable to connect to Director daemon on mt-back4.mentora.:9101. ERR=Connection refused

I *think* what has happened is that so many jobs are in queue that I've exceeded the number of connections the Directory allows? This actually happened to me a couple weeks ago after an incredibly large backup job backed up the queue.

I was wondering how to more accurately troubleshoot this, if I can recover without killing, etc...

PLEASE - do not respond about authentication, etc... This is not an authentication issue.

Yes, you are right. It is not an authorization issue, because the error is: "ERR=Connection refused". :)

There is no Bacula Director listening at: mt-back4.mentora.:9101. Check it.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net