Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Need help to create the "Bacula Rescue CDROM"

2013-06-07 13:22:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Need help to create the "Bacula Rescue CDROM"
From: "compdoc" <compdoc AT hotrodpc DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 11:18:48 -0600

> in the chapter "Create a Bacula rescue CDROM" to access the

> <bacula-source> and run the "configure" file but this file

> does not exists in this directory (Reminder: I'm under the

> Bacula server).

> cd <bacula-rescue>

>./configure \

> --with-static-fd=<directory-containing-static-bacula-fd> \

> --with-bacula-scripts=<directory-containing-bacula-fd.conf>

> cd linux/cdrom

> su

> (enter root password)

> make

The commands './configure' and 'make' mean you are going to have to download the source code and compile bacula using the options above.

If you have never compiled a program before, you have to install several packages first to set up the environment. These are some examples of what you need, but not a complete list, and some may not be needed for your setup:

sudo apt-get install build-essential

sudo apt-get install liblzo2-dev python-dev libwrap0-dev libreadline-gplv2-dev

sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev mtx libncurses-dev

sudo apt-get install qt4-dev-tools qt4-qtconfig libqt4-core

sudo apt-get install libqwt5-qt4-dev

sudo apt-get install gtk+3.0

sudo apt-get install libacl1-dev

Basically, when you run the ./configure command, you need to read the output for clues on which packages are missing.