Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] multiple 2 directors, storage accessing same clients, 2 backups on 2 different locations

2013-06-06 07:27:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] multiple 2 directors, storage accessing same clients, 2 backups on 2 different locations
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Stefan Fuhrmann <stefan AT fuhrmann.homedns DOT org>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 13:24:21 +0200
On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 01:11:48PM +0200, Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> we want to do a special setup:
> we have one director and storege in datacenter. The second director and
> storage should be loacated in firm. Both should backup same clients. The
> ambition is to do only diff-backup on "firm-director" and then virtual-full
> cause of limited bandwith between datacenter an firm, so we having always
> full- backups in firm.
>
> I set tis up but having now the problem that the clients dont write to
> "firm-storage":
>
> Fatal error: Socket error on Storage command: ERR=Keine Daten verfügbar
> 06-Jun 12:05 srv-backup02-dir JobId 30: Fatal error: No Job status returned
> from FD.
>

> Is this a way I can run or are there any difficulties?
> Is there another way preffered doing 2 backups on 2 different locations?
>
> tia
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,

can you connect to the bacula-fd ports from both directors without
problems? A simple telnet should be enough to verify this, you may be
having a firewall / routing issue. Also take a close look at the
client's syslog / secure files when trying to connect. Are you running
selinux / apparmor on the client or any of the directors?

All the best, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA