Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] disk full, director not available, director not working

2013-05-16 09:51:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] disk full, director not available, director not working
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Stefan Fuhrmann <stefan AT fuhrmann.homedns DOT org>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 15:47:55 +0200
On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:12:56AM +0200, Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> the disk is full and the director is not reachable.
> Just to test I did also a reboot.
>
> I want to delete older backups now, but how when director isnt working?
>
> Can someone help?
>
> tia#
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,

first of all check if all your files reside on one partition, if this
is the case you can clean up some MB below /var/log, /var/cache and so
on in order to get the system back to a working state.

Failing that, if you're doing disk-based backup to single-job volumes,
you could try deleting the oldest backups and / or nulling the volume
files like so:

  $ > /where/your/backups/live/really_old_volume-12234

Proceed at your own risk though & make sure you don't end up without
backups for a client by accident.

Once bacula-dir is up again, you can then clean up the db by using the

delete volume=<volume_name>

command.

All the best, Uwe

uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net fon: [+49] 5242.91 - 4740, fax:-69 72
Hauptsitz: Avenwedder Str. 55, D-33311 Gütersloh, Germany
Registergericht Gütersloh HRB 4196, Geschäftsführer: H. Gosewehr, D. Suda
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA