Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multiplexing jobs

2013-05-15 10:26:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multiplexing jobs
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Michael Namaiandeh <mnamaiandeh AT healthcit DOT com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 10:22:55 -0400
> Is it possible to run multiple backup jobs to the same tape drive in parallel?

Yes. I typically run 5 jobs at a time to a single tape drive in my
autochanger. You need to add "Maximum Concurrent Jobs" to at minimum
the Director and storage resources of bacula-dir.conf. If you want
more than 1 job running on the same client you should add that to the
client resource in bacula-dir.conf. Also remember that concurrency on
the same device can not work if you have different priorities or
specify a different pool for each job.

John