Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] [uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net: Re: Multiplexing jobs]

2013-05-15 04:59:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] [uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net: Re: Multiplexing jobs]
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 10:56:06 +0200
Sorry, forgot to cc: the list.

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:33:00AM -0400, Michael Namaiandeh wrote:
> Hi Bacula Community,
>
> I am running Bacula 5.0.2 on a CentOS 5.9 box. I have a number of backups
> that run every night but I noticed that Bacula seems to run one backup job at
> a time. This makes my backup time longer than I would like. How do I
> configure bacula to run multiple jobs at the same time? Is there a limit on
> max simultaneous running backup jobs?
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

there are quite a few variables to consider, esp. the one named

maximum concurrent jobs = N

has to be set in a number of locations. Most notably

- Director
- Storage
- Client
- Device

What kind of hardware are you backing up to? I'd also recommend
separating your clients into their own storages & pools once their
number exceeds, say, 20 jobs or so.

All the best, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA