Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] virtual fullbackup questions, diffs over wan/vpn; time difference between full/ diff backup for virtual full backup

2013-05-08 06:04:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] virtual fullbackup questions, diffs over wan/vpn; time difference between full/ diff backup for virtual full backup
From: Stefan Fuhrmann <stefan AT fuhrmann.homedns DOT org>
To: Bacula Users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 12:00:43 +0200 (CEST)
Hello all,

we want to do "virtual full backups" cause we notice that we can save bandwith
with only diff backups over wan.
The plan:
We take the storage to datacenter, doing full backups
after that we take the storage to the firm and doing only diff- backups over
wan/vpn to firm- storage
doing "virtual full backups" then.

Is taht a running way?

Another question: How old can the diff-backup be doing "virtual full backups"?
ex. "full backup" is half a year old and we are having hundrets of
diff-backups.
Is it possible/a good idea doing "virtual full backups" with that great time
difference between full- and diff- backups?

tia
Stefan