Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Authentication problem.

2013-05-01 10:44:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Authentication problem.
From: "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com>
To: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 16:40:09 +0200
On 17/04/13 09:24, Simone Caronni wrote:
> Have you installed 5.2.13 on your own, from the updates-testing repository [1]
> or from my repository [2]?
>
> Can you please check the last part of the file
>
> /usr/share/doc/bacula-common-5.2.13/README.Redhat
>
> and see if it's a permission problem on the /etc/bacula directory?
>
> [1]
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-5182/bacula-docs-5.2.13-2.fc18,bacula-5.2.13-8.fc18
> [2] http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula/

[snip]

I am still hit by this authentication problem. I've checked the readme and
there
is no permission problem on the /etc/bacula directory. It looks to me as if
cram-md5 authentication is in error. I can show lots of messages but shall for
the moment list following few lines which may give an indication as to what the
problem is:

epohost-sd: cram-md5.c:72-0 send: auth cram-md5
<958993904.1367415842@epohost-sd> ssl=0
epohost-sd: cram-md5.c:88-0 Bnet receive challenge response comm error.
ERR=Connection reset by peer
epohost-sd: authenticate.c:235-0 Challenge cram-auth failed with client
epohost-sd: job.c:260-0 Authentication failed Job ulla-pc.2013-05-01_15.43.59_10

Authentication works fine on linux client it is just the windows client that
fails.

If someone knows what is wrong, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

--
Erik

Concordia parvæ res crescunt discordia maximæ dilabuntur