Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Help Needed on configuring Bacula

2013-04-03 08:30:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Help Needed on configuring Bacula
From: readers digest <digestr AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 16:25:50 +0400
Hello Team,

I am new to Bacula. I have around 10 linux servers (all centos - various versions) and couple of windows servers.

Goal: Backup all data (files and databases) from these servers to a central location over internet in a secure way at predefined interval, and should be able to restore fully or partially when required.

Resources I have:
Backup server with Centos 6.4
HDD with enough space to backup all clients. I am not using any tape drive, but doing a remote backup of clients to an HDD on my backup server

What I understand on secure backup with Bacula:
1. I can use combination of Bacula and stunnel to securely run bacula backups
2. Or I can use TLS encryption on Bacula without stunnel

Configurations I did:

1.    I was able to successfully install and configure bacula on my backup server and one client. The backup is running fine on scheduled interval
2.    I have installed stunnel, ssl certificates, but it doesn't seems the data is transfering through stunnel

What help do I need:

1.    Configure stunnel and bacula in a way that the data transfer is through stunnel
2.    How do I browse through the files I backed up? Can I loop mount? (bls shows the contents, but I am not able to find a specific file from specific location with this command)
3.    How can I have each of my client has separate backup images/folders
4.    How can I backup MySQL db from linux servers and MSSQL from windows
5.    How do I do a partial restore (or single file; I don't know the filename but know the location)
6.    How do I configure my windows client to backup using stunnel

Most of the links I found over internet specifies configuring only one client. I couldn't find a proper guide to configure a second client.

Any help on this (step by step instructions or links to guide or the steps you followed while installing) is greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks!
Dev