Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula + invisible tape

2013-03-21 10:01:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula + invisible tape
From: Sven Tegethoff <tegethoff AT udobaer DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:31:32 +0100
On 21.03.2013 14:18, giggzounet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our tape library is full with tapes. One tape is invisible: the tape on
> slot 5. I can mount it. When I try to relabel it, I'm seeing the right
> label...but I can not see it in the "list media" in bconsole.
>
> An idea to solve that ?
It sounds like you accidently added it to the wrong pool or the wrong
catalog (if you have more than one) when you labelled it the first time,
or you deleted it from the pool after labelling it.

The label command will refuse to label any tapes that still have a label
on them. If you are sure the tape is REALLY not references anywhere in
the catalog, you can first delete the label using:

mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
mt -f /dev/nst0 weof

Then use the "label" command to re-label the tape and automatically add
the media to the catalogue.

Make sure you loaded the correct tape from the magazine before doing this.

Best regards,

Sven