Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Scheduling an Admin Job to run dbcheck

2013-03-20 12:59:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Scheduling an Admin Job to run dbcheck
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: dweimer AT dweimer DOT net
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:56:52 +0100
Hello,

2013/3/20 dweimer <dweimer AT dweimer DOT net>
OK, so I thought, hey why not setup an automated scheduled task to
delete the orphaned file and path entries, seemed like a good idea at
first.  I have a fairly short retention period set, and as a result
generates about 300,000 orphaned file name records and about 75,000
orphaned path entries a week.  Which of course causes the database to
continually grow, and become slower over time.

You should NEVER run a dbcheck while Bacula Director is running. Instead you should shutdown a Bacula Director and perform a database mainatanace tasks alone. Director is not designed to have another app changing database catalog contents.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net