Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] retire an old bacula server

2013-03-04 13:26:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] retire an old bacula server
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 13:03:53 -0500
On 03/04/13 11:34, Jonathan Horne wrote:
> Hello, I have an older bacula server that I want to retire in favor or a
> newer one I built recently.  Is there a good way to get the backup jobs
> that are in the on-disk files transferred from the old to the new so
> that they are usable for restores later?

It depends.  You may have a number of options,

Do the old and new servers use the same catalog DB?  If so, you may be
able to just copy them over and change the definition of the Pool
containing them.  If they're different catalogs, you could copy the
files and bscan them into the new catalog.  In general, the best time to
clone an old Bacula server to a new one is before you start writing
production jobs to the new server.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.