Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backing up the backups: filesystem copy or 2nd rotation?

2013-03-04 11:13:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backing up the backups: filesystem copy or 2nd rotation?
From: <etannehill AT godaddy DOT com>
To: ixloran AT sent DOT at, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 08:53:41 -0700
What is your goal of the second copy?

What scenarios are you protecting against?

What is the failure rate of your NAS device?  (a raid 5 device with hot spare has very minimal risk of data loss to begin with wheras a single hard drive in a SOHO device has much larger risk)

No this doesn't point to either of your provided solutions, but my questions get to the heart of the issue :)