Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] disk-changer vs. vchanger

2013-03-02 18:55:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] disk-changer vs. vchanger
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 01:51:38 +0200
I've used Bacula for several years with tape drives, and now I'm finally
planning to start using disks as a backup media.

Bacula 5.2.13 manual shortly mentions under "What's new in 3.0.0" the
disk-changer script, saying it should not be used for production. I haven't
found any other reference to this script in the documentation. Is this note
still valid in Bacula 5.2.x, so should I avoid using it? What's the main
reason to discourage its use?

Is it vchanger that is generally used for this purpose, or are there some
other tools available? Or does everyone just silently write their own
scripts? The latest update to vchanger seems to be from 2010 -which of
course isn't a problem if it works anyway.

Regards,
Timo