Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fedora/RHEL/CentOS repository

2013-02-25 05:51:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fedora/RHEL/CentOS repository
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Timo Neuvonen <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:48:58 +0100
On 25 February 2013 11:22, Timo Neuvonen <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net> wrote
I need to admit I couldn't right now follow why this solved it.
But yes, it did solve the problem  :-)

It took me some time, in fact :)

The director start as root, reads the config file and forks with bacula:bacula.
After that, to be able to issue the reload command, the director config file and folder need to be readable/traversable by its group (or user). The catalog script does the same, it's executed by bacula:bacula and needs to open (read) the director config file for parsing the attributes.

About the tape changer problem I mentioned... I'm using a slighltly modified
version of mtx-changer script, which used to be -rwxr-xr-- and worked. I
changed it to world-executable (-rwxr-xr-x) like the original
bacula-supplied one is, now it also works. But I agree with you, something
that caused this propably has changed in the code.

Good to hear that it's also fixed, otherwise it could have been really hard to figure out what's wrong :)

Thanks & regards.
--Simone