Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] GSOC

2013-02-22 11:17:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] GSOC
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:14:47 -0500
On 2013-02-18 06:25, Radosław Korzeniewski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Added bacula-devel to thread.
>
> 2013/2/18 Mauro Colorio <mauro.colorio AT gmail DOT com [2]>
>
>> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013 [1]
>>
>> why dont take the opportunity of training a new young developer to
>> bacula? :)
>
> Why not. :)

Here's some FAQ to read:

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2013/help_page#1._What_is_a_mentoring_organization

> I think, Kern should define a scope of the project and apply to GSOC.
> IMHO example projects should came from Bacula projects TODO list. My
> personal favorites:

Don't take the role of a mentoring organization lightly.  I see the
amount of work involved on the FreeBSD project.  Don't think of it as
short-term net gain for the project.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/