Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula version 5.2.13 released

2013-02-21 04:52:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula version 5.2.13 released
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 10:48:57 +0100
On 21 February 2013 10:32, <lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de> wrote:
Hm, Ubuntu 12.04 ships with Qt version 4.8.1 and i'm for sure not fond
of replacing it by source compiled Qt version. What is the reason for
4.8.4 instead of > 4.8.0??

Bug fixing on the qt side, probably. The minimum version required by the code to compile succesfully is qt 4.6.2.

Bacula for Fedora/RHEL is patched this way to accept a lower version that is shipped in RHEL 6 as system libraries and works fine. We're lowering the requirement since June 2012 and so far we did not face any issue.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/bacula.git/plain/bacula-5.2.13-bat-build.patch

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).