Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Time for "Accurate Backup"

2013-02-12 05:12:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] Time for "Accurate Backup"
From: "Masopust, Christian" <christian.masopust AT siemens DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 11:09:32 +0100
Hi all,

I'm currently redefining my backup configuration and will use "Virtual Full" backups for at least
some of my jobs (for backing up ClearCase VOBstores to keep backup window small).
So I've learned that I've to define these jobs as "Accurate".

As there are lots of files within the filesets to be backuped (appr. 6000000) I would kindly ask
you about your experiences with accurate backups.

How long will it last to send the accurate information of appr. 6000000 files and directories to
the file daemon?

Short background: my server uses PostgreSQL 9.2.3, has 8GB RAM (can be upgraded to 16GB)
and has 2 dual-core Xeon CPUs with 3.2GHz.

I know that you won't be able to send exact numbers, I'd be glad to get at least some rough numbers :)

Thanks a lot,
Christian