Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit Bacula Client No Drive Letter

2013-02-11 20:32:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit Bacula Client No Drive Letter
From: Lupin Deterd <lupindeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:29:28 +0800
hi,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM, rout <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> a new day, a new problem ;-)
>
> Windows 8 Pro 64 bit Client (Bacula 64 bit Client)
>
> I want to run a Testbackup and my Log says: Fatal error: No drive letters
> found for generating VSS snapshots
>
> My Configfile
>
> Client {
>   Name = win8client
>   Address = 192.168.36.6
>   FDPort = 9102
>   Catalog = catalog_bac01
>   Password = "bacula"
>   File Retention = 30 days
>   Job Retention = 6 months
>   AutoPrune = yes
> }
>
> FileSet {
>   Name = "Windows FileSet"
>   EnableVSS=yes
>   Include {
>     Options {
>         signature=MD5
>         }
>      File = "c:/temp"
>   }
> }
>
> For testing I want only backup C:\Temp
>
> I have 1 physical partition mount as C:\ and 3 network drives (W,X,Y,Z).
>
> Does anyone has a idea?

Have you tried read/try the
http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/install/install/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION006110010000000000000?
You can try the following.

*) Add ignore case = no
*) Make sure the file/dir you put on your File resource do exist on client
*) Do the estimate to test your FileSet as outline in the link.

> Greetings

regards,

lupin