Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup ESXi Virtual Machines with SCP

2013-02-02 06:49:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup ESXi Virtual Machines with SCP
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: "Michael D. Wood" <mike AT itsecuritypros DOT org>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 12:45:48 +0100
On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 06:45:43AM -0500, Michael D. Wood wrote:
> If its useful to you or you can fit it to your needs, here it is.
> http://www.itsecuritypros.org/backup-esxi-virtual-machines-with-scp/

I actually don't have an active ESXi setup atm, but other solutions.
Might be I don't understand ESXi way of things. However, I have not seen
a statement there for shut down hosts or anything that prevents the image
from beeing changed. So this is suitable for a disaster recovery backup
basic recovery image with an additional file backup on the virtual
machine itself, right?

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91