Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] SME Server

2013-01-30 12:49:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] SME Server
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: compdoc AT hotrodpc DOT com
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:46:41 -0500
On Jan 30, 2013, at 12:18 PM, compdoc wrote:

> Does anyone have experience getting bacula-fd to work on SME Server?
>
> I have tried installing the bacula-client provided in the SME repos, and
> installing and compiling by hand. Each with the same results.
>
> There two problems:
>
> 1) bacula-fd will not start automatically at boot, but will start and stay
> running manually.  However this is not the main problem...
>
> 2) I cannot connect to port 9102. Using telnet, I try externally and using
> localhost, and the connection is closed immediately. Bconsole cannot report
> status either. Says Fatal error: Unable to authenticate with File daemon at
> "192.168.1.21:9102" even though passwords are correct on each end.
>
> There must be security mechanism that allows only certain ports. This
> morning I thought I could try tcp-wrappers and adding entries to
> hosts.allow, but this makes no difference.
>
> Although I understand little about iptables, it seems to allow all local
> connections.

>>From the machine in question, can you see port 9102 open?  Can you telnet to
>>it?

On FreeBSD, I'd do:

$ netstat -na | grep 9102
tcp4       0      0 *.9102                 *.*                    LISTEN

That's bacula-fd

Then:

$ telnet 127.0.0.1 9102
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
TYPEJUNKHERE
Connection closed by foreign host.

You might also want to try the public IP address that bacula-fd should be
listening on:

$ telnet 10.55.0.67 9102
Trying 10.55.0.67...
Connected to ngaio.unixathome.org.