Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Dealing with cleaning tapes

2013-01-28 14:38:12
Subject: [Bacula-users] Dealing with cleaning tapes
From: Alan McKay <alan.mckay+bacula AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 14:35:21 -0500
Did not get any nibbles on this embedded in my "2 questions" email, so
I'll split it out on its own.

How do I deal with cleaning tapes in a jukebox?   I'd like the jukebox
to know it is a cleaning tape, and ideally schedule regular cleanings.

I have a cleaning tape with this barcode - 000100L4

So I'm poking around to try to figure out how to deal with it and
I see "Cleaning Prefix".  I don't have a barcode with a special prefix
on that tape (though I can look to see whether I have one if that
simplifies things), but this page suggests I can just put the whole
barcode into the pool definition and be done

http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/main/main/Autochanger_Resource.html

So I did that  but I"m not sure how to tell whether or not that did
anything (I did restart services after adding it)

Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 31 days
  Purge Oldest Volume = yes
  Maximum Volumes = 24
  JobRetention = 90 days