Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] decrease File-Retention

2013-01-28 10:16:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] decrease File-Retention
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: "Jürgen Ecker" <trexman AT gmx DOT de>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 16:13:58 +0100
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 03:58:35PM +0100, "Jürgen Ecker" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have a file-retention of 14 days and want it to decrease to 7 days. If I
> understand it right, then it would only change the database entrys and purge
> the other 7 days if i decrease the file-retention. How can I completly remove
> the old files so i get the free space back. I want only the files of the last
> 7 days not the whole 14 days. Is there a command in bacula avaliable or must
> i remove it manualy.
>
> Greets

Hi Jürgen,

this largely depends on your current pool layout. How many jobs per
volume, maximume volume size, action on purge and so on all come into
play here.

Normally it's a two step process:

- deleting the volumes in bconsole using delete volume = ... commands

- Removing the volume files (on-disk) using "rm".

Depending on your db size deleting a volume can take a bit of time
though.

Cheers, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA