Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula - backup.c:892 Network send error

2013-01-25 15:33:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula - backup.c:892 Network send error
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 21:30:43 +0100
Zitat von "Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC]"
<uthra.r.rao AT nasa DOT gov>:

> Thank you for your reply. Backup of these clients have been running
> fine all these days. Only when I started a FULL back-up this week of
> the two clients they failed:
>
> Client1:
> JobId 4183: Fatal error: backup.c:892 Network send error to SD.
> ERR=Broken pipe 24-Jan 20:23
>
> Client2:
> JobId 4180: Fatal error: backup.c:892 Network send error to SD.
> ERR=Broken pipe 24-Jan 13:16 ldy-sd JobId 4180: Fatal error:
> spool.c:301 Fatal append error on device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst0):
> ERR=block.c:1045 Read error on fd=5 at file:blk 0:0 on device
> "Drive-1" (/dev/nst0). ERR=Input/output error.
>
> Uthra

As said we also had this kind of problems. On Machine with ~20G failed
only from time to time but always at Full. The other machine failed
all Full to tape after some random amount of data ranging from 300G to
1.6T from around 1.8T. After replacing the NIC at the bacula server
the problem went away. Before this we have tested all sort of other
network related things to no avail, so it might also be the problem
you are facing.

Regards

Andreas