Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-Web 5.2.12 released

2013-01-25 13:54:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-Web 5.2.12 released
From: dweimer <dweimer AT dweimer DOT net>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 12:52:00 -0600
On 2013-01-25 10:14, Victor Hugo dos Santos wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:40 AM,  <bacula-dev AT dflc DOT ch> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I'm proud to announce that Bacula-Web 5.2.12 is available from now.
>>
>> This version is major bug fix release, I'd suggest to all users
>> using a
>> previous version of Bacula-Web to upgrade to the latest version.
>>
>> More information are available in the release note.
>> http://www.bacula-web.org/news.html
>
> Hi,
>
> what you think about the posibility to put a option to select/change
> diferente database/director in the bacula-web interface ??
>
> I have, many instances of bacula server installed in different
> places/clients and I thinks that install web-server + bacula-web in
> all they is a lost of time and now I have configured a different
> virtual host to host in apache each of it with a bacula-web for any
> of
> this clients.
>
> but, maybe a simples combobox in the bacula-web interface is more
> easy
> to manage more that one server.
>
> that is my idea.
>
> thanks for your excelent work.
>
> bye
>
> --
> --
> Victor Hugo dos Santos
> http://www.vhsantos.net
> Linux Counter #224399

Victor,
   A quick grep shows that the config.php is called only once through
the core/global.inc.php.

   You could do a work around by adding a simple statement in this file,
examle:

Original:
// Configuration
define('CONFIG_DIR', BW_ROOT . "/application/config/");
define('CONFIG_FILE', CONFIG_DIR . "config.php");

New Version:
// Configuration
define('CONFIG_DIR', BW_ROOT . "/application/config/");
switch ( $_REQUEST['dbconfig'] ) {
  case "MyOtherDB1":
    define('CONFIG_FILE', CONFIG_DIR . "MyOtherDB1Config.php");
   break;
  case "MyOtherDB2":
    define('CONFIG_FILE', CONFIG_DIR . "MyOtherDB2Config.php");
   break;
  default:
    define('CONFIG_FILE', CONFIG_DIR . "config.php");
   break;
}

Now copy the configuration file to create the two new named files,
adjust their configuration for each database.

To Access the default Database, go to your URL
http://www.example.com/bacula-web.

To Access the the others use
http://www.example.com/bacula-web/?dbconfig=MyOtherDB1Config.php
http://www.example.com/bacula-web/?dbconfig=MyOtherDB2Config.php

You could simply either save some favorites or make another webpage to
call the different options.  Even a container page that has the form at
top and target an iframe to load the content.

I haven't tested this, it just an idea to save you multiple installs.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer