Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Adhoc Job and waiting it out ;)

2013-01-18 09:04:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] Adhoc Job and waiting it out ;)
From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 16:00:47 +0200
Hi,

I'm currently building some poor man's batch jobs, for example for updating a clients' operating system I would to automate
- the update
- the backup prior to the update

Now, the question is:
Can I do the following:

ssh client-to-backup -n bconsole "run a backup for this box and keep sitting until the backup is completed"

For this task I'd like to avoid something like a flag file (I actually generate a /etc/bacula/last-backup from the nightly backup jobs) and really just have the console sitting until completion.
Is it possible?

How do you automate your off-schedule backups?

Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and copied by the kvm devs.